Monday, February 11, 2008

Pats' Rodney Harrison Coming Back For Final Year, Still Too Old For Chargers

New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison is looking to return for a 15th NFL season, and 6th with the Pats. The 35-year old safety recently said “Right now, at this point, I feel like I’m going to honor the last year of my contract...I’m very hungry to get back to working out and be a part of this team, and try to win another championship.”

When not being suspended for the first 4 games of 2007 for using Human Growth Hormone (HGH), Harrison was busy racking up 68 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 interception. Voted the NFL's Dirtiest Player in 2004 and 2006, Harrison has been an effective building block in New England's secondary, providing playmaking ability and veteran leadership to an otherwise young group. As of this writing, Harrison is good enough to play for the Patriots perennial playoff machine, but he is still too old for the San Diego Chargers, who cut him in 2003 to go young with defensive stalwarts Vernox Fox, Terrence Kiel, and Kwame Lassiter, none of whom are currently with the Chargers.